Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Today is a new day, Daniel is doing good. He
is not lacking for family and friends.
Margarita kept watch over night and went off
to work in Poway. At about 8:00 AM, Nando
and Alfredo made time to help Betty place
Daniel in a wheel chair for some 'patio time',
a little sun, cool shade, sounds of the city, the
fragrance of pine trees, and fresh air. Not exactly
the high Sierra's, but a welcome break from
room 331.
Nando found a way to break away from his
classroom and run over here to voice reassurance
to Daniel of his good fortune of landing a teaching
position so close. Timing is everything! Off he
went back to his classroom, telling Daniel he'd
be right back.
Maria and I showed up in time to assist Alfredo
in rolling Daniel to the patio. Just as we settled in
under an umbrella, Michelle pops in with her
Starbucks in hand and a bright smile to brighten
up the patio even more. Michelle's faith has a
way of releasing those endorphins that give her
limitless energy. It ain't caffeine.
The hand and foot massages began with
encouraging words to Daniel by all of us.
The consensus is that Daniel is strong and
showing no weakness in the long process of
recovery. His immune system has not been
compromised adversely by this challenge.
Again, we attribute this to his strength and
will to live.
Yesterday, Cathy picked up scissors and
comb and gave Daniel a neat hair cut! He
is looking good like I've observed months
ago: Calm, dark, and handsome!
Take care of one another. Stay healthy.

4 comments:

  1. Today, I heard Daniel say Hi to me twice!!! I was happy that I was able to hear it for myself. Progress is slow but, I an still hopeful. As each day goes by, I learn to accept my circumstances and hope for better days ahead. Thanks to all the friends and family that are helping me keep the faith, this means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iS THERE ANY PICTURES AVAILABLE OF DANIEL? WE WANT TO SEE HIS PROGRESS AND KEEP HIM WITH US. LOVE KAYLA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you Tia Cathy. Your strength and positivity is amazing and I love you for that. I agree with you 100% that there will be even better days to come! I am VERY hopeful too. Love, Amanda Aguilar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been away from the blog too long and as I have spoken of Daniel with friends and family I realized that my not knowing has lead me to despair. Just reading the entries of the last few days has encouraged me and inspired me to lift Daniel and his loving friends and family with renewed prayers and hope.

    May the wind of God's breath invigorate each of you.

    Daniel's friend from Norco,
    Mark Lewis

    ReplyDelete